Tuesday 6 April 2010

Technical-logical electrical clever moving stuff







My Grandad makes toy flying planes as a hobby and so has shown me how to wire it to make it move. With a budget transmitter i can have 4 parts of the Triffid moving. I have chosen to have the mouth moving on a hinge, a tounge(tendril) emerging from the mouth and 2 leaves moving on the branches. The wires will be in the stem. The sensors, receiver(receives signal from transmitter), battery and switch will be in the roots/legs. I have built a simple wooden holder for the sensors, the white crosses move and therefore move the wires attatched. I was thinking the Transmitter controller could be chained to the Triffid at the exhibition maybe and viewers could move the Triffid themselves. ? Here is a diagram or two and a picture. I now must make the frame work for a prototype to test the movement.(Green=battery, Red=switch, Purple=receiver,Blue=Sensors x4)




No comments:

Post a Comment