Wednesday 12 May 2010

yes IT MOVES!!


Finally I have built.
1. a wooden box/unit with shelf as a stand for my Triffid.

2. Created a metal frame of the Triffd
3. Added/attatched all the hinges and wires

4. And it works!

Not that I havent had problems, the hand(leave) movement in particular, as the wires go up the stem but then must go DOWN the arm. The wiring up has taken all day, one coffee, one red bull and a brewing headache but im very pleased with it, and have really enjoyed this part.

Below I give you my Video, the skeleton of the Triffid.
Now I've got to make it look shit-hot, 'as they say in barcelona' (i quote an ex tutor).
But what with? fabric, latex, polysterene, paper, cling film, moss, COLOUR.
weekend experiments and one week to do it. DEADLINE is the 26th MAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment