Thursday 28 January 2010

designing for northern lights





What a great book first of all? Plenty of fantasy and a huge range of characters to choose from. The characters have animal daemons. The character I chose to make, had been the golden monkey who is Mrs Coutler's daemon, she is the evil mother. I chose the golden monkey really because of the thought of blue and gold together.

I am making a latex mask, well no 'prosthetic' now because it will be stuck to the face with eye lash glue, and makeup applied to it. To make the mask I am going through 3 stages; sculpting with chevant, making a silicone rubber mould and casting in latex, hope I've got thoughs technical terms right, this is my first mask/prosthetic so some lee-way should be allowed.

Then I have been knitting a hood/scarf to act as the fur/head/neck of the monkey, I want to build up the texture here by weaving in fabrics to get a dreadlock appearance.

Above shows; my drawing of the monkey, my chevant mask, and the basis of the knitted hood.
Cannot wait to do the shoot for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment